Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Woe's of Womanhood

As of late, and when I say "as of late" I really mean most of the time, I find myself stuck in my thoughts. Through my college experiences, and high school days, I have found myself beating myself up for this or for that. Although I am surrounded by amazing friends and family who continuously support and boost me up in times of need, I can't help but bog myself down with evil thoughts of not being "enough". Thanks to an oh so loving heavenly father, the spirt whispered tenderly to me that I needed to read the words of a prophet. I came across this beautiful talk by Jeffery R. Holland. Read his message here


One of my favorite quotes from this talk is this: 
I plead with you young women to please be more accepting of yourselves, including your body shape and style, with a little less longing to look like someone else. We are all different. Some are tall, and some are short. Some are round, and some are thin. And almost everyone at some time or other wants to be something they are not! But as one adviser to teenage girls said: “You can’t live your life worrying that the world is staring at you. When you let people’s opinions make you self-conscious you give away your power. … The key to feeling [confident] is to always listen to your inner self—[the real you.]” 8 And in the kingdom of God, the real you is “more precious than rubies.”


I am so thankful for a loving heavenly father who knows and loves me, just the way I am. 


So here is to a life full of beauty, self worth, and laughs along the way...cause heck, I am more precious than rubies! And those babies ain't cheap :)


...OH! On a lighter note, I found this hilariously awesome site. Found HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment