Monday, July 18, 2011

I'm going to do it

I'm not one to publicly talk about life's struggles or tribulations, but I feel like in order for me to overcome some of these, I should just write them down. So this post is my inner most, raw feelings.

For as long as I can remember I have been overweight. Because of some of life's occurrences, and the fact that food is just too yummy, I turned to food in times of struggle, heartache, celebration, fear, jubilation and triumph. Frankly, I'm embarrassed and deeply saddened that this is how I let things turn out. BUT things are going to change. That horrid phrase of "My diet starts tomorrow.." is going out the door, and I am going to change my life.

In the past, my reasoning for wanting to be thin varied from reason to reason. "If I were skinny, so and so would like me" or "If I were skinny, I would have gotten that job." Well, I want to do this for me. I want to be happy, and most of all, I want to love who I am. I want to find that girl that is deep down inside of me, and pull her out. That girl deserves to love her body and herself.

So, here is to a healthier, happier future. I know with the help of friends, family, and most of all the lord, I can do it......


.......... and you better believe I will.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Janie!! You go girl!! If anyone can do anything, it is so you. You are amazing, I say!

    ReplyDelete