Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Where has the class gone?

Maybe it's just me, but I have been feeling like "class" or rather being "classy" has gone out of style. In recent facebook posts, media expressions, and just in daily life, I am so saddened by this trend. Yes, if you have an opinion on a matter, you should by all means defend and stick up for that belief or opinion. BUT if it degrades somebody else, or puts others down to prove a point, it is not appropriate. Everyone has an opinion about everything, and though we may not agree on certain issues, we have no right to personally attack the person just because of our differing views.

Let me give you an example. Here is a recent post from facebook. Somebody changed their relationship status to "in a relationship" and this is what followed:


  • Alyssa:  And as far as Jade raising the bar...anyone is a step up from Tyler. So Jade, congrats to you!
    3 hours ago · 
  • Kaila:
    Shut up Lyssa, you're a fat bi***, you should have just quit while you were ahead.
    3 hours ago ·  ·  1

    Alyssa: I'm not fat, I'm chubby and bringing the fat bi*** thing isn't gonna hurt my feelings, I've heard it all before. I was sticking up for Jade.
    3 hours ago ·  ·  3

    Kayla: Sticking up for jade? Pretty sure she doesn't need sticking up for from you. She knkws all of us are happy for her, and glad she found someone better than tyler. Go away.
I find it so sad that is this how people act. (mind you, this isn't even the worst of this conversation. It goes on and on and gets cattier and cattier.) Not just in this example, but numerous times I have seen people act this way. I am shocked that not only are these people presenting themselves this way, but they are displaying their actions for the WHOLE world to see. 







Where has all the class gone?

1 comment:

  1. I so appreciate this post. It is soooo true! Thanks for always bein' classy!
    P.S. you also dress super classily which is...AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete