Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Dear 15 year old me

Dear 15 year old me,


There is so much I wish I could tell you about your life and whats about to happen. I want to tell you what i've learned about you and what I wish I could have told you to make your life a bit easier. So, here goes.

TEN THINGS I WISH I COULD TELL MY 15 YEAR OLD SELF:

1. Stop with the hair gel already. People are going to think you are a lesbian. You know, its okay to actually let your hair down and have fun every once in awhile. Don't worry though, I have a feeling you are going to fall for a good friend of mine soon, Mr. Straightner. And man, he's magical.

2. Stick close with your true friends. Shiz is going to hit the fan real soon and those lady loves of yours are going to save your hind parts. Continue to serve them unconditionally and they will return the favor. Promise.

3. Boys never become less stupid. I know, it's a darn shame. Your friends are going to start dating and you may begin to feel the sting of loneliness and jealousy. Don't let that change who you are. It's ok to be the funny girl. Hot girls are overrated anyways.

4. You will find the courage to change and love your body. You will begin to love yourself and your body for what it is. Stop focusing on your weaknesses and start building your stengths. You'll thank yourself later. Trust me.

5. Gilmmore Girls is the best kind of medicine.

6. Stop spending so much money. College is a lot more expensive than you realize. I think you can live without those shirts from Aeropostle. You never wear them anyways. (And Aeropostle? Really Janie? Polo's look good on nobody.)

7. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY, ditch the gaucho pants. Your crotch looks ten feet long.

8. Lean on God. He will always be there.

9. Quit trying to take care of everyone else. You will just exhaust yourself. If you have no strength left, there will be none left to give.

10. The next six years of your life are some of the hardest, yet best of your life. Hang on tight, life's about to get exciting.

Love,
21 year old you.



2 comments:

  1. I have missed your blog!!!! I sure hope this means you are going to make it a more regular occurrence!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. So I'm blog stalking you. Obviously. You have me in fits of laughter, but it's because it's all so true. Our fifteen year old selves think we're oh-so-brilliant, don't they? I love this, and you, and I'm glad you're my friend :)

    ReplyDelete