Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Crafty Shmafty

So over the past few weeks I have come down with a bad case of the crafties. Yes, it's a real disease. I cannot stop itching to paint, craft, sew, draw....etc. Anyways, along with a few doses of Pinterest, and a handful of glorious ispirations, today is the day I will ACTUALLY give my ideas life! Hoorah! So wish me luck on my venture to be a crafty woman. yowzah.

Today's project:

DIY chevron paintings

Supplies needed:

- I purchased two 16X20" canvas boards (both only costed $4.99...what. a. steal.)
- 3 or 4 tubes of acrylic paints. (I'm painting mine a mint-ish green color)
- paint brushes
- 1 roll blue painters tape
- chevron pattern stencil (I found mine on google)

So wish me luck as I venture out and try and duplicate those oh so beautiful paintings shown above. I will post pictures as soon as I am done! This could be a doozie...

5 comments:

  1. okay... i love this. can i copy you? and also, when we go back up to school, can we be crafty kids together? i have totally been in that same mood for WEEKS and not done anything about it! you are my inspiration, janie rich.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you can!!! And YES. I would LOVE to! We can have a craft night! yesh. I'm excited. love you courty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I be crafty with you too? You'll have to see the crafty things I made the other day when I got bored...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh. And I can't find your gorgeous face on Pinterest either :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course you can kel! And you see the problem is, I don't have a pinterest. I just admire everyone else's. I don't know how to do it..

    ReplyDelete